Recent Posts from the Mumena Team

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

MISSIONARY JOURNEY: Jeremy Davis

“And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?”  Luke 8:9  KJV

               One of the skills of a missionary that must be taught to an apprentice is “how to ask the right questions”.  Jeremy is certainly gifted with this quality.  I don’t believe that I have ever had so many books open at the same time - in order to answer Jeremy’s questions - as I have had over the last 11 months.  Come to think of it, I don’t think that I have ever had as many of the books in my library on loan at one time as I have this year with Jeremy around!  This insatiable desire to “know” is only matched by Jeremy’s passion to teach.  And because he asks the right questions of the people in the village, Jeremy is mastering the missionary skill of “contextualization”… the finding of the right words in the local language and culture to communicate the Biblical meaning of a passage of scripture.
    
“For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.”  Luke 11:10 NIV
Trying to keep up,
Brian, Sondra, Noah, & Bryson


Pictured above:  Jeremy teaching in our annual Bible college for church leaders.



No comments:

Post a Comment