Recent Posts from the Mumena Team

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

MISSIONARY JOURNEY: A New Journey

              

While sitting around the camp fire and watching the sun set, forty leaders of the church sang a farewell to me, Noah, and Bryson.  I have known that our new journey is soon to begin, but after some 17 years in Africa, it is a bit surreal.  Christ’s mission, however, is not just a matter for a far away, unknown land; rather, it is a way of life for those of us in His Kingdom.  Sondra, Noah, Bryson, and I are looking forward to serving in that way of life in our new role in the ministry of missions & evangelism at the Hillcrest church of Christ in Abilene, Texas.  We are being privileged the opportunity to continue assisting in the works that mean so much to us both abroad and at home, and for that we are so thankful. 
                Over the next few months, I hope to use the “Missionary Journey” to let you catch a glimpse into the ups and downs of a missionary’s reverse culture shock.  One of the blessings, however, of a return home is the great opportunity to see our loved ones face to face once again!

I will come to you: for I trust to see you in my journey”  Romans 15:24   KJV


Because of Christ,
Brian, Sondra, Noah, & Bryson

No comments:

Post a Comment